I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. We had family in town all week and really enjoyed our time visiting. One of my visitors was interested in stamping and begged me to get out some of my stuff. I, of course, was happy to oblige and tried to only bring out a few things so I wouldn't overwhelm her. (I know all of you stampers/scrapbookers know that this hobby is at least 50% collecting pretty things to someday use on some project). We had a mini-challenge session. I had her choose a stamp set, a color of card stock and I knew I wanted to use pearls to play along with this week's PPA challenge. After I had all of the elements I thought for a bit and came up with this card...
Sunday, November 27, 2011
Monday, November 14, 2011
This week is a great challenge over at the Pals Paper Arts. It's Christmas! I can't believe it's the middle of November all ready. Where has the time gone? I'm really looking forward to Saige's first Christmas (but I could use some fall weather- it was 83 degrees in Texas today!) Here's a Christmas card idea for the challenge.
Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Welcome to the November Pals Hop! This month, we're featuring Winter, Christmas, and Hanukkah inspired cards and projects! Enjoy the hop and the amazing creations that the Pals have come up with. You've likely hopped over from Mikki Sarkisyan, I'm stop number 10 on the Pals Hop and I'm glad you hopped in! I'll help you "hop along" from blog to blog where you'll find great ideas for Winter, Christmas, and Hanukkah paper projects from the Stampin' Pretty Pals! Should you hop off course, simply click on any of the links in the Pals Hop Line-up below and you'll be back on track!
This is the new stocking sizzix die with the stocking accents sizzix die. I plan to use this as an accent on a Christmas scrapbook page for Saige.
This is a CASE from the Stampin' Success magazine (a perk of being a demonstrator). They did it in Pool Party, but I didn't have any DSP in that color yet. I switched it up with Poppy Parade. I added a glimmer brad and a mini jingle bell to take it up a notch.
This box took about 3 minutes to create! Retired Riding Hood Red ribbon, Tags til Christmas stamp set, the tag punch and some linen thread.
These are gift card holders made with the scallop envelope sizzix die. I cut my paper to 5x5 and folded it in half. Lay it on the die with the fold in the center and you'll have an envelope big enough for a gift card to fit in. I used the Tags til Christmas set, 1 inch square punch, postage punch and some mini jingle bells. They add just the right amount of bling to a project.
Hop along for more inspiring ideas from Mary Fish, stop number 11 on the November Pals Hop! Thanks for "hopping" by! I hope you enjoyed the projects. Now is a great time to join my Stampin' Up team. Join by 11/11/11 and get a free Big Shot! Ask me how.
1. Nina Dee at http://www.deesignsbyninadee.blogspot.com/
2. Julie Trevett-Smith at http://www.thestampinaffair.com/
3. Maxine Conrad at http://www.stamptothemax.com/
4. Jessica Ying at http://www.yoyostamping.com/
5. Mike Funke at http://stampin-style.typepad.com/stampin-style/
6. Jennifer Takacs at http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/jenntakacs/blog
7. Nancy Gleason at http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/mystampinspace/blog
8. Nicole Watt at http://www.impressionsbynicole.com/
9. Mikki Sarkisyan at http://www.mikkiscreativecorner.blogspot.com/
10. Kylie Nicolosi at http://www.kyliescraftycorner.blogspot.com/
11. Mary Fish at http://www.stampinpretty.com/
12. Barb Furlong at http://www.theloveofstamping.com/
13. Ann Schach at http://www.stampinchic.com/
14. Linda Fisher at http://lindas-stampinloft.blogspot.com/
15. Sandie Conner at http://www.prettyprovisions.com/
16. Cindy Hall at http://prettyimpact.com/
17. Rae Harper at http://wildwestpaperarts.com/
18. Angie Blake at http://www.angiesmusings.com/
19. Kris Kilcoyne at http://kweenbee.typepad.com/
20. Camila McManus at http://www.obxscrapbook.wordpress.com/
21. Leah O'Brien at http://www.leahsstampincorner.com
Here are some recent photos of my little pumpkin!
Here's Saige with Matt on his birthday last week. See a resemblance? I can't believe that she's 7 months old today!