Friday, February 5, 2010

Gift idea- Coffee samples

One of my other pleasures in life is saving money. I clip coupons and get pure satisfaction when I save money at the grocery store. I strive for a 40% savings or more :). We were lucky enough to score free tickets to the Mavericks vs Lakers game a few weeks ago and on the way out they were passing out free Community Coffee. Matt and I don't drink coffee so he almost gave his free sample back. Luckily, I was close enough to intercept and knew I wanted to dress them up a little bit and use them as a gift. I have a good friend that moved to Dallas about a year ago from Louisiana where I hear that Community Coffee is all the rage. She will be one of the lucky recipients of my spruced-up freebie.

For those of you that don't have a way to get free Community Coffee samples....what about trying this idea with a packet or two of hot chocolate, or kool-aid for a kid?

Right now I'm really enjoying 3-D altered projects and making something beautiful by recycling something ordinary. It's amazing what a little bit of patterned paper and some embellishments can do to an ordinary object.


Supply List (all supplies Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted):
Paper: Real Red (102482), Sending Love DSP (117153)
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370)
Ink: Staz-On Black (101406)
Punches: Modern Label (116630), Scallop Border punch (EK Success)
Other: Sticky Strip (104294), Community Coffee Samples (free, sorry!)

2 comments:

  1. Cute idea! I love recycling things to make pretty projects too. It's easy with this gorgeous paper isn't it? Thanks for posting on my blog. To answer your question, here is a link to a tutorial on SCS showing how to make a shutter card: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/trishuttercard/

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! You and my daughter are on the same wave length - it is amazing what she gets and what she does with it! And I love your photo!

    ReplyDelete