Sunday, January 29, 2012

My First Stampin' Up Leadership Conference

I qualified to attend the Stampin' Up Leadership Conference this year and decided that since it was going to be in San Antonio (a short plane ride from Dallas) that I would attend and pick up some business tips and get back together with my Pals.  I attended the Stampin' Up Convention in 2010 in Salt Lake City and I had a blast!  I was excited to come, but also a little nervous to leave Saige for the first time.  I was mainly nervous that she'd cry a lot and be difficult for my dad and Matt to watch.  However....each night I received a text video of her just laughing up a storm in her highchair (isn't technology amazing?).  It was such a relief.

The opening session was great.  They gave us a free stamp set from the upcoming catalog, large pearls, a MDS content CD, regular pearls, rhinestones, Pool Party ruffled ribbon and a pack of 4 Occasions Mini Catalogs and 4 Sale-A-Bration catalogs (anyone need one?)  They had great announcements about the catalogs and new products.  After a delicious lunch there were breakout sessions.  I attended a session by Brian Pilling (from the Stampin' Up office) on how to Share the Stampin' Up Opportunity.  I saw him present at Convention and enjoyed it so I really wanted to see what he had to say.  He gave me some great ideas on how to share why I love Stampin' Up and how to create opportunities to share my story.  It was a good presentation and I'm glad I was able to get in it.  They tried something new and had several break-out mini sessions in the afternoon by seasoned demonstrators.  I attended one on workshop tips, recruiting, effective business tips and customer service.  I'm hoping to take small nuggets from each presentation and apply them to my business.  It was such a refreshing day and I'm so glad I was able to attend.

Day 2 of Leadership was another great day.  We had two general sessions where we heard presentations on the State of Stampin' Up!  They really are a great company to work for and I feel like they do very ethical business.  We were able to choose our break-out sessions and I attended one on Why Women Buy presented by Carrie Cudney.  I really got a kick out of her "mall map" showing how guys buy (they go in, straight to the store, spend $35 and 15 minutes) versus women (who go in, stop at almost every store, spend $376 and 3 1/2 hours).  It was a really fun session.  I thoroughly enjoyed my Title Benfits session with Bonnie Thurber focused on my current Stampin' Up title.  I always enjoy her presentations and her humor.  (Bonnie, if you're reading this- I'd really like a project sheet for all the great video tutorials that you provide.  Just something with a photo of the project and a list of supplies used.)  They ended the day with a project session with Shellie and I won the prize patrol!  I won the Apothecary Art stamp set and the Labels Framelits!  We all received a pack of the Everyday Vintage Designer Series Paper and the coordinating stamp set.  It was a great way to end the conference!  They always spoil us with goodies.

Overall, I'm so glad I went and I'm looking forward to next year.  Here's a photo of me and my roomies.  I love how Stampin' Up can connect you to fabulous people from around the country.
L to R: Ginger Tiovonen (Montana), Ann Schach (Iowa) and me.


1 comment:

  1. That was a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing your photos!
    We are enjoying our time here in SLC Utah
    I am so excited I can’t sleep.
    Love all your projects! See you at convention in 2013! Sherrill Graff
    a late night stamper istmpnv@aol.com
    http://latenitestampinwithsherill.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete